Friday 5 November 2010

Day 70

I appear to have made another mistake today!!

Friends are aware that alcohol and me do not see eye to eye. Oops!! Whilst shopping today i purchased what i thought was a bottle of mint chocolate and cream, it was only when Tim and I sat down to watch a film together tonight and having poured myself a glass did i realise it was, well all i can say is very strong alcohol based liquid. Lovely!!!!! till now and i can see two keyboards. Thank goodness I'm alone because goodness only knows what i would be like in company. Probably the entertainment of the night.

Well to go back to the start of the day. Phone call early to say our new kitchen windows were going to be fitted. That put the mockers on a day out!!
Still lovely man came early and we went off to Lynn for the afternoon shopping. I bought a new dress for tomorrow as we are going to my brother in laws 65th birthday. Tim not really aware its a Chinese meal we are going to. Otherwise he wouldn't go. Well he did say we should do more!!

i cant express how warm the bungalow feels now. Its as if I'm cocooned in a snug blanket there is such a feeling of comfort. I'm sure its because Mikey is with us.

A week ago tomorrow was that hateful day and i have had time to reflect on the events. I am at peace with myself, and although it would have been lovely to sit in Mikey's room surrounded my his belongings, it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things.

I have whats most important. Whilst i do not have Mike in body i do feel that he is here with us in spirit.

I have my moments during the day but am more in control of them. My tears are shed late at night usually whilst writing. I would recommend doing a blog. Anyone who is in distress or despair should try it. It enables such freedom of thought and allows you to analyse all manner of questions, actions and thought.

The grand prix is on tomorrow and Mike loved it he would critically analyse the race and commentators. Tim misses that. Tom usually calls though. All three of them had that in common.

Joni has applied for the Olympic tickets, opening ceremony. We have booked to see Sally Morgan in February. I am going to try and book me and Tim a break away!! had to cancel next week as i have to attend a meeting!! oh well not to worry.

I went for a walk tonight in the rain amid fireworks going off all around. The sky was ablaze with colour. The scent of smoke and rain spurring me on. Tim remained at home in the warm and dry!!

I wonder how we will be tomorrow. It will be the first time we have been in the company of all my family since the funeral i hope we can remain sane and not spoil a celebratory evening. I will let you know!

                                                       
                                                               Mike me and Tom

                                                                         
                                                                        

No comments:

Post a Comment