Sunday 7 November 2010

Day 71/72

Missed yesterday as we didn't get home until 2 am not a good time to write. I will try to make up for it today.

Yesterday we planned to go out for the evening to my brother in law Dudleys 65th birthday. Spent the morning trying to find Tim a sweater and we went shopping!!! something we never do on a Saturday because Tim hates crowds. That was the start of our day, it was quite funny because we found it very easy to park and walk around the shops.
How different this weekend was compared to last!! A week just flew past.
Job done sweater found plus new dress for me!. Not to wear to the party though. Knitted and warm for the winter. Just hope my stomach doesn't resemble a money pouch when i put it on though!!!

Route planner done and printed plus the Tom tom should ensure we got to the venue ok. Wrong wrong wrong. Oh my goodness Tim was almost at the stage of returning home.
We managed to get to Peterborough ok!! and coming off junction 32 was the problem. Tim came off at 31 so all the following instructions were of no use at all. It was dark and there was big fireworks party being held. Also foggy in places. In desperation stopped at a service station to ask for directions!! How very fortunate that there were two police officers buying coffee. Bless their hearts having told me where to go, and we were really close, my expression must have demonstrated complete oblivion because they wrote them down for me step by step!!

Did i say it was a Chinese meal? no and i didn't tell Tim either or he wouldn't have gone.
Neither of us have been to Chinese together before so it was quite an experience. Another one!!! Mike we are trying!!!

I also forgot Tims specs so he couldn't see the menu. Luckily a niece and nephew and their partners quickly took Tim under their wings, discussed the menu and the types of dishes and ordered for him. He also had a few drinks which was really good!! I was driving home so if he was a bit sleepy all so well and good!! NO complaints if i get lost.

I hate driving in the dark so i would follow my niece, and sister Linda would follow me. I wonder why? lol
I still managed to get lost. Tim was awake oops.

A few words were said and i carried on regardless. Headlights on my little car were as much use as two candles! it was foggy i lost all sense of direction. Tim asked if i read the signs!! What signs i was merely following red tail lights, but were they the right ones!!
We reached home and followed by Linda, who also followed me despite knowing i had gone wrong. They had tried to phone me but i had put my bag in the boot!! oh well.

Linda and Dave left just before 3am hence no blog.
Mike you would have been shaking your head as usual by my complete lack of directional skills. I can just see you and Dad discussing it as if i wasn't in the room with you. But hey why change, its what makes me me!!

Today the sun was shining, we had heavy rain overnight and we decided to go for a walk. We really struggle with the week ends but yesterday went past and we coped well. The first time, maybe because we had something to do.
Anyway camera attached to bag we headed off. The leaves are falling and the ground awash with the, huge piles laying sodden not flying around like yesterday. The trees are becoming skeletal in appearance now. The leaves being stripped by the wind and rain. Old birds nests now exposed and clearly showing how high they were built early in the year. Holly trees are absolutely laden with berries. I am quite concerned at the volume of berries on the trees. Its November and its a long time to Spring!!
The council are putting up the Christmas decorations and the Nativity scene has been placed up on Collingwoods roof. We don't feel like celebrating this year and we are seeing all the preparation going on and we have no enthusiasm at all.
Toms coming home for Christmas. I wonder what he will expect from us. What should we do for him. We don't want him to return home feeling more depressed but just cant think of what to do. We have already said we wont have our meals where we have done in the past and will probably eat in the kitchen. I wonder if that will be ok. Oh well plenty of time to think about that.

Today i have been looking at the clouds so have taken some photos of them. They all tell stories don't you think, today a dragon was running across the sky, closely followed by an overweight duck. Is it my imagination or do we all see pictures in the clouds. Mum used to and i suppose that is something she passed on to me and i in turn shared this with the boys.

Grand Prix today its the penultimate race of the season. I cant believe that Jensen Button almost got car napped last night. Nothing should surprise us. I wonder what Mikey would have thought of that. He would have been on the phone to his dad first thing this morning. Tom didn't phone, i hope all is well. I know he starts back to work tomorrow but not sure of his shift pattern.

The days are getting shorted so if we want to go anywhere we need to decide early in the day so next week we plan to go to Holkham and walk along the beach. Just hope we don't get caught by the tide.
It talks of heavy rain and wind this week. Mikey struggled with the wind, it took his breath away.

We have survived another week end and it was easier this time. I have also booked tickets to go to a dance on the 14th December!! and Tim's fine about it. Another night out. Well Mikey you should be proud of us, i hope so. If you can see us now and know that we love you and know that we are trying to honour your wishes for us i trust you can see all attempts are being made. You said we could grieve for a little while, its just so much harder in reality though. But, Tomorrow is another day.................

No comments:

Post a Comment